Integrated health solutions are built to increase Efficiency
It aims to transform health care from reactive to proactive, fragmented to coordinated, and static to dynamic. The key to improving quality outcomes for the most frequent and costly care for the elderly and patients with chronic conditions is integrated care.
Electronic Health Records (EHR) meaning
A device electronic (digital) collection of medical information about a person. An electronic health record contains data about a patient’s medical history, such as diagnoses, medications, tests, allergies, immunisations, and treatment plans.
Electronic Health Records (EHR) integrated health systems
Electronic Health Records, or EHR, are a digital version of patient records. The EHR system provides a comprehensive view of all information related to the patient’s care. EHR systems are primarily used in the development of integrated health systems. Integrated healthcare simply refers to the transfer of patient data from one electronic system to another, such as medical records, medications, and test results. Integrated health uses digital health tools to collect data and provide insights to provide relevant information, alerts, and financial and operational guidance at the point of care. Clinical data analytics and pharmacy management are also included. Integrated healthcare solutions assist providers in implementing integrated healthcare.
Healthcare integration’s primary goal is to create integrated care systems for patients from various healthcare professionals. An integrated health care system is a useful tool for addressing patients’ multiple health concerns. So, what are the primary objectives of integrated healthcare delivery systems? It ensures that integrated healthcare delivery systems are affordable, of high quality, and available in appropriate settings. The focus of integrated care delivery is on various primary care physicians. EHR integration is critical for improving care coordination and other aspects of integrated health. Patients can easily access their health records thanks to the integrated care programme. As a result of an integrated healthcare delivery system, they become more proactive about their treatment plans.As a result, integrated healthcare solutions benefit both healthcare providers and patients.
Principles for health system integration
Integrated health systems are viewed as a component of the solution to the challenge of sustaining Oman’s healthcare system. The purpose of this systematic literature review was to help decision-makers and others plan for and implement integrated health systems.
1.Integrated services across the care continuum:
Collaboration of health and social care organizations A care continuum with multiple points of entry Wellness, health promotion, and primary care are prioritized.
Patient-centered philosophy; focusing on the needs of patients Patient participation and engagement Assessment of population-based needs; focus on a specific population.
3. Geographic representation and rostering:
Increase patient accessibility while reducing service duplication. Roster: accountability for the identified population; patient’s right to choose and exit.
4. Interprofessional teams provide standardized care:
Across the continuum of care, interprofessional teams are used. Evidence-based care guidelines and protocols developed by providers to enforce a single standard of care regardless of where patients are treated.
5. Performance evaluation:
Committed to service quality, evaluation, and continuous care improvement Interventions in diagnosis, treatment, and care are linked to clinical outcomes.
6. Computer and information systems:
Modern information systems for collecting, tracking, and reporting activities Efficient information systems that improve communication and information flow throughout the care continuum.
7. Leadership and organizational culture:
Organizational support with evidence of commitment Visionary leaders who can instill a strong, cohesive culture.
8. Physician Collaboration:
Physicians serve as the entry point for integrated healthcare delivery systems. Crucial in the development and upkeep of the single-point-of-entry or universal electronic patient record Engage physicians in leadership roles and board participation to increase buy-in.
9. Structure of governance:
A diverse membership from all stakeholder groups represents strong, focused governance. Structure of the organization that promotes coordination across settings and levels of care.
10. Financial administration:
Aligning service funding to ensure equitable funding distribution for various services or service levels Funding mechanisms must encourage interprofessional collaboration and health promotion. Adequate funding to ensure adequate resources for long-term change.
How to build an integrated health solution?
A case study can help you better understand how to use such integrated health solutions.
A healthcare organization required accurate and timely claims processing services. This procedure was accompanied by numerous technical issues concerning medical billing and pricing.
Their one-time solutions and manual processes did not address these issues effectively, and the company lacked a sustainable integrated care model. Other issues included the firm’s high costs and slow response time.
The company enlisted the assistance of a third-party system that recommended integrated health solutions for processing claims, determining eligibility, and interacting with payers.
There were two main interface subsets: EDI 834 and EDI 837 inbound and outbound accumulators, where EDI stands for electronic data interchange.
- The inbound EDI 837 transactions were loaded onto the EDI platform to be processed. These were later uploaded to a third-party system to enable integrated healthcare and payment processing with payers.
- In the outbound transactions, the procedure was reversed. The payer EDI files that resulted were extracted from the third-party system, and reports were generated and sent to the firm.
- The company was experiencing a large influx of growing databases, with EDI data arriving daily in various formats. It was critical to eliminate manual processes and improve revenue cycle integration efficiency through integrated health solutions.
- The chosen integration solution was capable of dealing with the complexities and issues that come with X12 EDI data integration. EDI, National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP), Health Level Seven International (HL7) interface, Clinical Document Architecture (CDA), Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR), and Extensible markup language(XML) are among the major healthcare standards and sources supported by integrated health solutions.
- Any new HL7 standards are also supported by integrated systems management. Integrated healthcare management aids in the resolution of issues with X12 EDI 834, EDI 837, and NCPDP, as well as the quality and speed of electronic data exchange.
- A configuration promoting an effective user interface and a consistent approach was included in the effective healthcare implementation. Such integrated care solutions ensured data reusability, which was a feature built into the process.
- Effective health solutions can solve any complex problems in a customer’s database, regardless of data type or source.